Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'd be losing all kinds of points in Oregon Trail

Carla called me at work yesterday and told me Walker has Scarlet Fever. Back in Oregon Trail days, he'd be in a lot of trouble because I'd have picked to be a carpenter instead of a doctor. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Who cares if a wagon wheel breaks? Family members dying is worse when you finish. Also, I've been unsuccessful hunting, yet again. Not even a squirrel or a rabbit. And, the other day, I tried to fjord a river on my own instead of paying a trusty indian guide. Needless to say, that didn't work out very well.

Well, Walker really does have scarlet fever, anyway, but, apparently it's not as big of a deal today as it used to be. Some antibiotic will have him going again soon. Actually, he's feeling better already and has only been sick for 2 days. Now we just have to avoid dysentery and cholera. And high water. I think if we keep eating the max and resting often we should be in good shape. Though I wish I had purchased two more oxen. Oh well, that's what I get on a carpenter's salary.

4 comments:

Jen said...

your account is much better than mine ;) Micah stayed home again today but even if he isn't better... he is heading back tomorrow. LOL Gotta love the days when they are "sick" but feeling better.
Hope all passes quickly in your household... I hear that there are a few cases of scarlet fever at Main Street as well as numerous strep cases. Tis the season...

Lynne said...

I hope that Walker feels better soon and that no one else get the fever in your house. Love the post, reminds me of the days when we played Oregan trail in computer class instead of typing.

Dale and Gail said...

Oh yes, the old OT. I personally dreaded the snake bite...gives me shivers just typing it. Walker seems perfectly fine today. He's been an angel. Ellie, however, has been a wee bit crabby which Walker says is because "she's just being a girl". When I reminded him that Grandma is a girl also, he said "Yeah but you aren't the crabby kind!"

Dale and Gail said...

So, Ellie just woke up from her nap and she's her normal sweet adorable self again. She said, with a look of amazement on her face, "Hey, my crabbies went away while I was sleeping!"